Course #30020 | Course Duration: 1 to 3 Days | Target Audience: All Managers & Directors, Trainers, C-Level Executives, HR
Radical Insight: The best companies teach and develop managers to become leaders. Leaders establish the best methods of leading that builds individual employees into strong performers and contributors. The best leaders develop dynamic teams that achieve high levels of success that creates the next line of future leaders.
Workshop Summary: Managers manage status quo while leaders lead and look to create high level of success through people development and change management. A true leader starts with their individual employees and sets high expectations that starts with the hiring process and continues through the performance process. Leaders create consistency, with plans for success and accountability. They challenge their staff for continued development and self-accountability. Leaders believe that confrontation is a benefit, and will effectively manage through difficult situations. Ultimately they build a well-oiled machine as a team that creates effective succession planning.
Learning Objectives - In this course you will learn:
- To establish culture that starts with hiring, accountability, and high expectations.
- The keys to people development with Development Plans and Motivation.
- How to build intelligent teams of knowledge and skills.
- The importance and skill to manage difficult situations.
- The effect of transparency and empowerment.
- How to manage through diversity and embrace new ideas.
- How to manage through change.
- Identify and build future leaders for your team and organization.
Speaker Profile: Amongst his many accomplishments as a turnaround specialist, Mark took one location in the company that was in 400K debt to being the top performing site in over 300+ sites worldwide and valued at over 12 million dollars. Now he brings masterful strategies to his audience on how to align corporate culture with strategic planning to increase buy-in, productivity and profits. Mark Villareal is an international bestselling author, public speaker, business coach and expert guest on TV talk and radio shows. He helps business leaders succeed by assisting employees and managers reach their next level of success. He conducts workshops on strategic planning, diversity, leadership & culture, sales and mission, vision, and values.
"There is not a scenario that Mark has not seen. His experience is phenomenal!"
Andreas Chavez | Cesar Chavez Foundation
Workshop Topic Breakdown
Managing and developing people.
- Building performing teams
- Empowering with authority
- Building staff motivation and engagement
- Development plans, knowledge and skills
- Building intelligent teams
Managing recruitment and retention
- Job placements and applications
- Interviewing and assessments
- Establishing culture and success
- Managing people
- Effective use of probation and HR processes
Managing difficult situations
- Confrontation is a benefit
- Addressing difficult conversations
- Addressing poor individual or staff performance
- Re-assigning / dismissing staff and the process
- Following formal dispute process
Working with diversity
- Understanding diversity
- Identifying diversity
- Encouraging diverse thought
- Applying and molding guiding principles
- Conflict done properly is good
Managing through change
- True leadership is a molder of change
- Planning and rollout
- Monitoring and correction
- Leading employees through change
- Communicating effectively
- Managing and understanding the impact of change
- Change Management
Building future leaders
- People development 101
- Identifying next line leaders
- Career lattices
- Succession planning
- Goal setting and accountability